Tuesday, May 6, 2008

8 years ago...

...we were married in the Bountiful temple. Yikes. Wow. Crazy. Last night, to celebrate the occasion we asked Nettie to watch the kids, and ...went to a movie! In the theater! What an incredibly special way to celebrate our anniversary! Oy. Ok, I know this post is just dripping with sarcastic bitterness, but it's mostly because I'm incredibly cranky. Shouldn't my 15th month old be aware that this is a day for happiness and joy?? I only ask for one day out out of 365, is that too much to ask? Right, I know, it is too much to ask when you have kids. Doh. Poor Sarah is teething and was up several times last night. Hence my crankiness. I have to remind myself that EVENTUALLY I will get a straight 8 hrs of sleep and a nice anniversary celebration. It might not be till our 30th, but SOME DAY it'll happen. In the meantime, I'm glad I'm able to have an "irritable" anniversary with someone as understanding, fun and HOT as Justin. I truly enjoy just hanging out with him, and that's something to be said after 8 yrs of marriage! ;)


Awww shucks, I love him!

10 comments:

Shanny said...

I'm sorry that you didn't get much sleep, no fun. But 8 years, that really is cause for celebration! Congrats!

Sabrina said...

Congratulations! I totally forgot it was your anniversary when we chatted earlier today. I am sorry about that and that Sarah didn't make your anniversary easier. However, that is awesome that the last 8 years have been so good. Keep up the good work!

natalie said...

Wow! Movie? In a actual theater? What's that like?! Kidding! Happy Anniversary!

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Not getting 8 hours of sleep stinks. Sorry about that. And, sorry about not getting in a great anniversary night out. I think I have just sworn off "special holidays" like that...for lack of planning (on husband's part), children who sometimes make it hard to leave, and just me setting the standard for the night out so high that it rarely gets met...

Leilani said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope the teething gets better so you can celebrate some more!

Amy N. said...

OH KAREN I am RIGHT there with you hon-lets get our girls together and let them fuss their pains to each other and you and I and our husbands can go play.

Happy anny though! I have a hard time believing that it has been that long.

Anne-Marie said...

8 years???!!!! holy crap, how did that happen! :) congrats!

Dave said...

I was there too! Ok, I didn't do much baby sitting. Mostly sleeping.

Anonymous said...

Happy late anniversary!
By the way, I can't believe Kate is 6. It seems like last year she was 5 months old and I was cuddling her half the day. *sigh*

mariss