Ok, I am slow getting to this...but I rarely have more than one hand free. Anyway, David Edward Phippen was born on 4/11 at 12:40 AM. He weighed 7 lbs 11 ounces and supposedly measured 19.5 inches. Apparently the nurses measured him too quickly, because when I took him in at 6 days old to have his bilirubin levels checked, he actually measured 21 inches!! We did it twice to make sure. He was 2 weeks early, so I wonder just how big he would've been had I gone 40 weeks?? Holy crap, I'm glad he came when he did. His head was the biggest of my kids at 36 cm, and that was big enough! He's a good eater and sleeper, and the girls adore their Davey baby! Here's a few pics showing how we spent our Easter weekend.
Texting while they check how the baby responds to the contractions. I got a little bored...
Chunky, swollen and covered in vernix...I love it!
look at that lower lip
finally warm
my boys sleeping (I didn't do much of that in the hospital)
she adores her baby brother
so happy he's finally here
such a good big sister (I don't know what I'd do without her help)
Aunt Nettie and Kate fascinated by baby Davey
so in love with this little guy
7 comments:
Congrats!!!! I love the picture of him with the sad sad face. He just looks soo sad.
Congrats you guys!!! What a cute baby!!! We are glad that mom and baby are healthy and doing great.
Jarrod and Kellie Irvin
OH MY GOSH!! CONGRATULATIONS! I am not sure how I missed this post. I am so happy for you guys and can't wait to come meet him in person! Hope you are all well.
Congrats! Boys are so fun, you're going to love it! I love the lower lip picture too, Jenson does the same thing...so so cute. I love all the pics!
BTW-who sleeps in the hospital? I don't, not sure why and the nurses are always commenting on it.
Congrats again!
That is one hot Mom! Awesome work, love you!
I love this picture timeline. The girls are sooo cute with Baby D! Karen, you look glamorous and beautiful throughout, but what else could I expect. :)
p.s. Were you really texting during labor??
love the mug shot, you are so brave. i guess it helps that you are so tiny everywhere else, and now probably everywhere now that that baby has been out of you for a whole 3 weeks. Can you tell i'm jealous??
Post a Comment